Giving to The National Civil War Museum
The National Civil War Museum is a 501(c)(3) private non-profit educational institution that relies on the generous support of individuals, grants, foundations, and corporations. The Museum does not currently receive any line item funding directly from the county, city, state, or federal government.
Making your gift to The National Civil War Museum is a great way you can support our educational, research, and curatorial missions. There are a variety of ways you can help.
* Preserve Our History Campaign - Your unrestricted gift supports the Museum's exhibit development, archival upgrades, educational presentations, and much more. You will be recognized on our website and in a quarterly e-newsletter. Join The Lincoln Circle! With a monthly recurring gift of $25 or more, you'll receive a complimentary membership. Click Here and choose the MONTHLY giving option, debit or credit card required.
- David Atkinson
- Dr. Michael Becker
- Paula and Albert Cheatham
- Alan Corbitt
- Melissa Cusa
- David Demmy Sr.
- Francis Feyock
- Wilson Grab
- Deborah Graeff
- E. Jeff Hoffman
- Brett Kelley
- Mary Beth and George Kerekes
- Rick Lee
- Ann and Jeff Leiner
- Dawn and Carl Levickas
- Charles F. Lloyd
- Mary and Tom McKay
- Angela and Lee Miller
- Betsy and Charles Mitchell
- Tina and Wayne E. Motts
- Lynette and Phil Phucas
- Phyllis and George Potwin
- Myra and Paul Reichert
- Bruce Reinke
- Stephen Riordan and Laura Reed
- Greg Solderitch
- Catherine Stephens and Steven Failor
- Mary and Michael Sweigard
- Frank Thurman
- Susan Thurman
Would you like to help us keep Old Glory flying over The National Civil War Museum? For 20 years, the Stars and Stripes have flown in Reservoir Park in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, the home of The National Civil War Museum. The 20 by 38-foot flags are visually prominent from anywhere in the city. Our flag flies not only to mark the significance of the American Civil War, but also to honor those who gave their lives in this pivotal time in our history.
Depending upon weather conditions, these nearly $1,400 flags are replaced six times per year. When possible flags are repaired, however the cost to maintain and replace the flags exceeds $7,000 annually. Help us to keep our flags flying!
* Membership - Become a member today and receive many exciting benefits, such as free admission for a year, access to our member-only Journey to the Center of the Museum tours, subscription to our quarterly e-newsletter, and much more! Visit our membership page for more detaills.
* Memorial Brick Program - Honor your Civil War ancestor in our Walk of Valor or a friend, special event or veteran of another war (the possibilities are endless!) in our Friends Walkway.
Special Limited Time 20th Anniversary Commemorative Brick
These 12" x 12" limestone gray pavers with a special anniversary logo will only be available until December 31, 2021. Memorialize your investment in Civil War history education and preservation with this unique memorial. Click here to order today.
Or use our printable order form available here: Brick Order Form 20th Anniversary
Brick placement $200 and is 100% tax-deductible. Museum Members receive a $20 discount.
MEMBERS RECEIVE A $20 DISCOUNT FOR THIS SPECIAL BRICK
* Become a Museum Partner - As an individual or business you can support many of the programs that fulfill our mission of education and preservation. For as little as $300 you can become a Museum Partner. Visit the Partner tab to view a complete list of prorgam opportunities and current supportres.
We are grateful for the support of Gannett Fleming! Gannett Fleming has graciously provided the necessary support to upgrade our Meet Mr. Lincoln exhibit, our popular interactive display that allows visitors to question Abraham Lincoln and other prominent historical figures from the American Civil War, including Frederick Douglass and Mary Todd Lincoln. We are grateful for your support and thank you!
* Workplace Giving - Empower your employees by offering a choice of non-profits they can support through workplace giving.
* Bequests are an easy way to support the Museum's future by providing a gift in your will. Sample language: "I give, devise and bequeath _______________ (insert dollar amount or item of property to be donated) to The National Civil War Museum, a nonprofit corporation as described in section 170 (c) of the Internal Revenue Code."
* Matching gift programs are an easy way to increase your donation through your company. Check with your personnel office to find out if they offer matching gifts.
* Tribute Gifts make a gift in memory/honor of a loved one or spcial event. The honoree or their loved ones will be notified of your gift.
Please contact Mary Beth for more details or to make your gift today! Phone: 717-260-1861
The official registration and financial information of The National Civil War Museum may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.