Juneteenth Community Free Day
June 17 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
The National Civil War Museum will present Juneteenth Community Free Day on Saturday, June 17, 2023, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. This day will commemorate the events of Juneteenth, June 19, 1865, where the last of the African American Slaves were freed. Enjoy a family-friendly day full of activities, right in your backyard.
Highlights of the day include:
- Presentation on African American history in the Harrisburg area during the Civil War era by Museum educator, Dane DiFebo - 11:30 am
- Hidden Figures of the Reconstruction: An Interactive Freedman’s Bureau Experience 12:30 am - 2:30 pm (Pre-registration required for this free activity) - Click Here to Register
- Sanitary Commission
- Living history with Thompson’s Battery C
- SC Quilts Reproduction Station
- Civil War Activity with Provisions with Jodi Hari
- Civil War Games with Eddie Roberts
The National Civil War Museum will follow CDC and OSHA/HHS guidance as well as orders and recommendations from federal/state/local governments and our state and local health officials.